What is SPS?
The Society of Physics Students is a professional association explicitly designed for students. Membership, through collegiate chapters, is open to anyone interested in physics. The only requirement for membership is that you be interested in physics.
How much does it cost?
Only $24 per year! ($30 per year for non-U.S. addresses)
Why should I join the SPS national organization?
Upon payment of your $24.00 annual national dues, you will receive:
- Physics Today (monthly).*
- The SPS Observer (quarterly).
- Access to the SPS Jobs site, Career Resources, and the Careers Toolbox
- Eligibility for SPS scholarships, internships, research & travel grants, outreach awards, and other awards.
- Information and announcements about regional, national and international SPS meetings.
- Information and announcements about SPS research sessions at professional society meetings.
- Free membership with two AIP Member Societies for undergraduates only, for up to three years.
- Free joint membership in the National Society of Black Physicists (NSBP) or the National Society of Hispanic Physicists (NSHP).
Please note that it takes six to eight weeks for your membership to become effective and for publications to begin arriving.
How do I join?
Where do I go?
Who do I meet?
Other students and physicists in academia, engineering, industry, computers, medicine, teaching, graduate school.
Is my data safe?
SPS is General Data Protection Regulation (GDRP) compliant and your data is not shared wtih 3rd parties outside SPS and Sigma Pi Sigma except with your permission (such as when you select a member society or to recieve Physics Today) or for society business. Chapter leadership information is shared with SPS leadership to help facilitate society interactions. If you would like to be removed from any list, please email sps [at] aip.org.